Let’s start with the fun ones first shall we:
1. Which super power would you like to have?
Telekinesis – I dream about it all the time and I’m always disappointed when I wake up and its not real.
2. If you were a brick in the wall which brick would you be?
I would be on the bottom, helping to support the ones above me.
3. Tell me about the worst boss you ever had.
I honestly never had a bad boss. I own my own business now ( in addition to writing) and when I was younger I had a really awesome boss who to this day supports my creative endeavors. I always go back to my old office for book signings.
4. If you were to turn into a fish right now, what would you do?
I’d go out in search of Atlantis.
5. If you were a t-shirt what colour would you be and why?
I would be green because its the color of new life.
How about some word association:
1. Fish – Sushi
2. Laughter – Joy
3. Bowler hat – Grandfather
4. Chocolate –Wine
5. Wine – Glass
Now lets get serious:
1. How do you react to a bad review of one of your books?
After I scream and throw things for awhile, I go back and read it again, and I use the criticism to held improve my work in the future.
2. Do you ever wish that you had an entirely uncreative job?
I used to sell insurance and you can’t get any less creative than that. I love what I do now and hope I can continue for many years to come.
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
Christopher Pike. He was my favorite author as a teenager and inspired me to become a young adult author.
4. What are the most important attributes to remaining a sane writer?
Quiet! I wish I had a little more of it, but with four kids, I’ve learned to drown it out when I have to. .
5. How much impact does your childhood have on your writing?
My childhood, at least my teenage years, impacts my work a lot. I always go back to those days when I need to put myself in the head of a teenager. Many of my characters are old school mates and I almost always give one of my old teachers a cameo appearance.
- Destiny by Laura DeLuca (whyicantstopreading.wordpress.com)
- Demon by Laura DeLuca Release Day Celebration! + a Giveaway (booksowlsandtea.wordpress.com)