First off lets start off with a little bit of something from the author:
“Top Ten Dream Jobs.”
Thanks so much for having me on your blog today! What a fun topic! Here are my top ten dream jobs:
10. Bookstore employee. I just really love talking to people about books!
9. SCUBA diving instructor. Okay, so I don’t know how to SCUBA dive. And I don’t live anywhere near the ocean. But I really like swimming and seeing underwater animals so I could overcome those pesky obstacles to make a living swimming around with dolphins and Nemo.
8. Personal shopper. I love clothes and shoes and picking out outfits for people. Unfortunately, I don’t have a good figure for designer clothes—or the budget! I think being a personal shopper would be like the ultimate dress up game. Sign me up.
7. Astronaut. I love looking at the stars and Mission Space is my favorite ride at Disney World. Clearly I am well qualified for space travel.
6. Pastry chef. I took a few classes in cake decorating and I really liked it! I’ve been too busy writing lately to do much baking but I once made a wedding cake for a good friend. It was so fun! Bonus: frosting is yummy.
5. Hockey reporter. I love hockey! And reporters get to be in the locker room with hot hockey players without their shirts on. I rest my case.
4. Dog walker. Dogs are the best animals on the planet. I have a golden retriever named Lucy and I love taking her for walks. Whenever we see other dogs in the park I want to snuggle them and take them home so we can all live in a big puppy pile together.
3. Travel writer. I LOVE traveling. I do it as often as I can. As a novel writer I sometimes get to travel to research settings for my books. It would be sooo cool to get to travel full time and be paid for it. My favorite destinations are European cities and beach vacations.
2. Taste tester at Ben and Jerry’s. Need I say more?
1. Writer. Being a writer has always been my dream job and I am so crazy lucky to get to do it for a living! I love sharing my stories with readers and I love when they get in touch to talk to me about my books and my characters.
Thanks again for having me!
This new adult contemporary romance contains mature themes and is recommended for ages 18+
This is a complete story with no cliffhanger!
Jet Taylor is the quintessential bad boy. A womanizer. A fighter. Dangerous. The type of guy most girls do their best to avoid. But Zoe Janes is no saint herself. In fact, she sees in Jet the perfect opportunity to distract herself from her responsibilities at home and the mistakes that keep her trapped there. He’s gorgeous, likes to party, and is clearly only interested in having fun—just like Zoe.
The more time they spend together, the harder it is for Zoe to stick to her “fun only” mantra. Jet is getting under her skin, making her believe things could actually be different. She knows they’re both trapped by the sins of their past but Jet is starting to make her think freedom might actually be possible.
And that makes him the most dangerous boy of all.
Author: Rachel Schurig
Where did I get the book: From Xpresso Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest review and in collaboration with this book tour. I was not compensated for my review in any way.
My Rating: 4 Bookworms
So I read this one a few weeks ago – and when I had to sit down and write the review I was expecting to have to grasp a little at straws for what to say – sOOO not the case. It stuck with me. It is just one of those books that sticks with you long after you’ve read it.
Zoe and Jet come from two completely different back grounds. They have different friends, different types of family and pretty much grew up on the opposite side of the tracks. The only thing they have going for them is that both of them dream of escaping yet KNOW that they will never be able to get away. Get out of the lives that they are living. And even worse… They both feel they deserve to be there. Deserve to be stuck.
When they find each other they literally lose themselves in each other. The world outside – the big, bad, mean world outside doesn’t seem to be so big and bad and mean anymore. Together they think they can do anything. But what happens when they can’t be together anymore, what happens when their pasts becomes too much for them to handle and one or both of them start to drown?
The HUGE possibility that everything will blow up in their faces kept me reading well into the night. On the flip side – the happily ever after that is just within their grasp, but still just a little too far away fills you with so much hope for the two of them that you cannot put it down even when you start getting sad when things go bad.
Zoe and Taylor were so perfect for each other. Honestly – in these NA Contemporary romances they always seem to be perfect for each other – but it still resonated with me. How much they manage to help each other without even realizing that they do. On top of that they have this group of friends that really rounds out the story nicely.
A HUGE roller-coaster ride filled with tears of sadness and tears of joy. Filled with laughter, anger, despair and joy. An absolute must read for anyone that is up for a little bit of a crying jag.
Rachel Schurig lives in the metro Detroit area with her dog, Lucy. She loves to watch reality TV and she reads as many books as she can get her hands on. In her spare time, Rachel decorates cakes. Her THREE GIRLS series is available now from Amazon!
Thank you for stopping by!