Howdy there folks. Thanks for tuning in for my Felicity Heaton Interview…
First off… Giveaway.
Your choice of any Felicity Heaton Book other than the new release The Dark Prince.
How do you enter?
Rafflecopter is being mean so this is what you do… Follow Ms Heaton on one of the following options. Then send me an email or comment below with your chosen option. I will check up and use a random number generator. Winner will be emailed.
Thank you so much for taking the time to be with us today Felicity. I am a huge fan. I actually fan girled when I found out you wanted to stop by my little corner of the world.
Let’s get started on the easy ones shall we?
Word association 😀
Anime – Dai suki desu! (love it, in Japanese)
Vampire – Love!
Witches – Bitching
Pets – Furry
Beach – Mountains
Some fun ones…
- If you could be any type of furniture what would you be? A lamp… bringing a little light into the world.
- Chicken or beef? Chicken
- Do you go for the sparkly vampires? Hell no. I prefer my vampires dark, dangerous, deadly and with a penchant for biting and drinking blood from the vein. Vampires that sparkle, or abstain from blood, aren’t real vampires to me.
- What is your favourite cartoon? I love anime. I don’t like to call them cartoons as they’re often quite deep and there’s normally plenty of politics, insight, and other stuff normal cartoons wouldn’t have. Favourites include Vampire Knight, Black Blood Brothers, Black Butler, Code Geass, Appleseed, Gundam 00, Darker than Black… and so many more.
- What colour are you? Purple. I feel purple.
A few deeper ones to even it out…
- Do you still remember your first paranormal romance? I think the first paranormal romance I read was… I would say Dracula by Bram Stoker if you could count that as a paranormal romance. Other than that it was probably something like Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton when I was researching what other authors wrote in paranormal romance back in 2006. I hadn’t actually read a PNR before I wrote my first three and then I decided I should probably read some, and then I got really into them!
- How did your family react to you writing erotic stories? I don’t always write the really erotic stuff. Most of the time my books are in keeping with the majority of mainstream paranormal romances. My parents know I write books with love scenes, and that they’re explicit, and they’ve always been fine with it. I got a few quips from my siblings about 50 Shades when that came out but I nipped those in the bud pretty quickly, pointing out I don’t write that sort of erotic stuff in my books.
- What inspired your first book? Nothing really. Or you could say Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I was writing fanfiction for that series before I wrote anything original. I wrote a lot of fanfiction and then a fellow author convinced me to write something original, with my own characters. I wasn’t convinced at first. I was nervous about taking that step and didn’t feel I was good enough. I did it in the end and I absolutely loved it. I’m so glad she and my husband pushed me into it!
- We all have days where we just feel slumpy and don’t want to attend our day jobs. Do you ever feel like that about writing? Yes, I do. It’s no different when you get to be a writer for your full-time job. I’m sitting here right now itching to head out of my office and play some Assassin’s Creed IV on my PlayStation 3. Sometimes, I just can’t work. I really don’t want to and I’m not in the mood to do anything, not writing or the admin work I have to do every day. When I fall behind schedule on projects, it’s normally because I need a break and I’ve overworked myself and everything in me screams to get away from the computer. Sometimes, I have to obey those instincts. We all need time off or we’d go crazy.
- Is there any author you would love working with? I would love to work with Lara Adrian. I think she’s amazing. I’ve loved most of her books and I love the intensity, passion, action in them and her style. She would be wonderful to work with. A girl can dream.
Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions.
Felicity Heaton is a USA Today and international best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!
If you’re a fan of paranormal romance authors Lara Adrian, J R Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Gena Showalter and Christine Feehan then you will enjoy her books too.
If you love your angels a little dark and wicked, the best-selling Her Angel series is for you. If you like strong, powerful, and dark vampires then try the Vampires Realm series or any of her stand-alone vampire romance books. If you’re looking for vampire romances that are sinful, passionate and erotic then try the best-selling Vampire Erotic Theatre series. Or if you prefer huge detailed worlds filled with hot-blooded alpha males in every species, from elves to demons to dragons to shifters and angels, then take a look at the new Eternal Mates series.
If you want to know more about Felicity, or want to get in touch, you can find her at the following places:
Mailing List: http://www.felicityheaton.co.uk/newsletter.php