Howdy! Time for the well anticipated blitz for Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey. Released only a few short days ago for all of us to finally get our hands on it. To celebrate the release I have some fun, fun, fun to share today!
I also have a few interview questions to share :
1. You started out writing in YA. What brought you over to New Adult?
I’ve been a reader of new adult titles even before they were called ‘new adult’. And I love the age group it covers. 18-30 years old is such a great time in life, isn’t it? I mean, it’s when you sow your wild oats, learn about yourself in the context of the whole world and not just your family and friends; it’s where you figure out who you’re going to be. The adult-formative years I guess you could call it. And the sex part is awesome too, I won’t lie. You can only get so sexy with a YA book, so as a writer, I have to hold back. In NA, I don’t have to do that. It can be passionate, raw, sometimes awkward and full of bad decisions, but it can be REAL. I guess that’s what I love about NA most … it’s raw and real.
2. How do you write so many books in such a short period of time?
Short and sweet: I have a system for getting the work done, and I’m a helluva fast typer. More details: I have a ton of stories always waiting in my head to be told, and when I sit down at the computer, the words just kind of spill out. My stories are very character-driven, meaning I don’t make up the story. I just find the characters wandering around in my head, put them in a situation, and let them run with it. Now that I’m a full-time writer, I can dedicate more of my time to writing that I used to when I was also teaching at a university. I treat writing as a business and try to be very disciplined about it. After eighteen months of writing, I’ve published 20 novels, so I think my system is working. 🙂
3. Why do you live in France?
I came here for a vacation with my husband in 2007 and we both fell in love with it. After the economy took a downturn and my husband lost his job, we started talking about simplifying our lives and focusing on different things. That’s when the idea of living in a foreign country came up. We wanted to do it for one year, to give our three kids the opportunity to experience another culture and learn another language while also refocusing our grown-up lives to get away from the rampant materialism that had kind of taken over everything. And we loved France, so it seemed like the logical place to go. Once we were here, we fell in love more deeply and decided to stay indefinitely. We still love our home country of course, but for now, we’re content with a very laid back life in the south of France. What can I say … we love wine and cheese ALOT!
4. What kind of romances do you like to read?
The kind where bad boys are tamed by courageous girls. It’s really that simple for me. 🙂
Like what you see, you can get the book here:
Thanks for stopping by!
- Shine Not Burn Blitz + Giveaway! (chibireader.wordpress.com)
- In The Spotlight & Giveaway: Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey (readingdiva.com)
- Elle Casey – 3 more titles added to this year’s releases (funwithbooksblog.com)
- Elle Casey NEWS (funwithbooksblog.com)
- Book Blitz: Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey (debdebreviews.wordpress.com)
- Review of Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey (cynthiashepp.wordpress.com)
- Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey Book Blitz (theresthisbook.wordpress.com)
- YA author Elle Casey discusses the transition to full-time (teleread.com)
- Euphoria: Duality – Elle Casey (funwithbooksblog.com)