Hi guys, saw this at MegaMad for books. A great blog run by two super girls. Check out there post and join in on the fun.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Nah. I am special like that 😛
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Erin Morgenstern. She wrote The Night Circus. And yeah your all probably tired of hearing about The Night Circus. Too bad.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry! Harry! Harry!
1. Because it is Harry Potter
2. Because this is what I grew up to. He was my favourite imaginary friend (yes I had more then one).
3. Do I really need to give a third answer? Fine. Because all her characters are so incredibly complex that you literally felt like you were hanging out with them. All the time.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
Nah. I carry an eBook reader. It carries all my books for me. Much easier. This goes into my really full handbag. In which I carry at least two other books. A girl never knows when she will run out of battery power ya know?
5. Do you smell your books?
Yes! Only the new ones though. The old ones are dusty. This causes major sneezes and red noses. No one wants that.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Illustrations as in little itty bitty drawings at the beginning of each chapter. Way cool. Like in HP. Through out the book like Terry Pratchett. Not really a fan.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
House of Night. Really enjoyed reading them. The writing was just not all that great. Dunno if it’s cos PC had her daughter help her with it.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I was not allowed to read Harry Potter growing up. Which is possibly the easiest way to get a kid to read a book right? So I saved up my pocket money and bought The Order of the Phoenix and read it each night after my mom went to bed under the covers with a flash light. In the mornings I would get up (way sleepy of course and hide it in my underwear cos that was the one place in the house that was sacred.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Just in case there wasn’t enough Harry Potter in this thing already. I have the accompanying books. Tales of Beedle and the Bard, Quidditch through the ages. Really cool, also really thin.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Me thinks its Inheritance. Possibly. Or one of my many Lesley Pearse books. Her fans would know how huge they are. Or hmmm Breaking Dawn?
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I used to write a lot as a kid. Not so much anymore. It is rather sad. And no I do not. This is not so sad, as that is not want I want to be. I would be happy just owning a bookstore really.
12. When did you get into reading?
When my mommy read to me while pregnant with me. That’s what I like to think anyway.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Hmmm. Mobi Dick.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
English. Which is funny, cos I am not.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would smile and wave. Real big. Then put it in my bookshelf and tell them how much I loved it the next time they ask me about it. Really, why would you burst someone’s bubble like that?
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I have no idea. I guess that’s why they are so popular. One of a kind.
18. What is your favorite word?
hells yes (Two words. My questionnaire. Suck it)
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Nerd. All the way.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Oms oms oms. Why do I have to choose? I will go with the Fae today. They fly. They have magic. They are all about nature. They are cool oaky.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. Cos my gran would kill me if I picked differently.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. Cos they are way better then Vampires, fairies, shapeshifters and Angels. That’s why.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires. Mainly cos I would never pick Zombies. Ever.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love. I would normally pick neither. Now I am just picking the lesser of two evils. Love triangles are horrible cos there will always be one disappointed party left with a broken heart. Forbidden love always finds away around it.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Depends on my mood really. Mostly full on romance though.
TAG! Your it. Should you decide to join in post your link below and I promise to check it out! And if you don’t mind, please link back!