Yes, yes I am very well aware that I have now posted another meme. It’s TTT. Sue me. I am doing it a bit early as I won’t have the time to do it tomorrow.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.
This weeks Top Ten is : Top Ten Books I Thought I’d Like MORE/LESS Than I Did
- The Night Circus. Yes, yes I have added this one on VARIOUS TTT lists. It’s good. Really good. When I received it from a friend she told me that I just have to read it. I am always, as a rule, really sceptical about highly recommended books. I tend to go into them with really low expectations. I was greatly surprised.
- Fifty Shades Trilogy. Like seriously. Another case of everyone raving about it. Made me all Bleh about it. Then a friend, that doesn’t read by the way, told me she had started reading it and was enjoying it. I just had to pick it up. Fully expecting to feel really bad after reading it. Not the case. Christian fan for life.
- The Eighty days Trilogy. I read so many blurbs that said it was the next Fifty Shades. I was sooooo looking forward to it. I hated it. I couldn’t even make it past the first book. Thank goodness I did not shell out for the entire trilogy like I had planned too. I literally forced myself to finish the book.
- Lord of the Rings. I only started the first one. Was just before the first movie came out. Was so excited. I couldn’t make it past the first third of the book. I have since then vowed to try and read it again. I shall do it. Someday. Maybe.😛
- Boob Envy. This is a non fiction/auto biography. If you know me at all, you know I don’t read either. Ever. But the author approached me for a review. It was so heart warming, sincere and at times laugh out loud funny. It was all about the author’s struggle with breast cancer and the issues that go along with it. Get it. Seriously.
- The Last Sin Eater. I read this one right after finishing another Francine Rivers (Leota’s Garden). She is an amazing author. I loved all of her books. Except this one. I was not a fan. Nothing specific wrong with it. Just didn’t enjoy it.
- The Fallen series. I have some crazy mixed feelings about this. I loved Fallen. After dreading reading it for weeks I so enjoyed it. Which then made me look forward to Torment. Which I really wasn’t such a big fan of. It was, you know, Okay. Not bad. Just Okay.
- Okay I am cheating a bit with this one. I am currently reading Jessie by Lori Wick. I read the first two books in the series, titled Casey and Sabrina. I loved the first two but dreaded the third one. It’s about rediscovering old love. Which I am quite strangely not a fan of. I much more enjoy reading about new love etc. But I am really enjoying this one. I look forward to doing the review🙂.
Well that’s it this week. I am a little bit stuck to make ten. I don’t tend to read books that I think I won’t enjoy so that’s a bust. And then I really know what I like so I mostly seem to enjoy what I pick out. It is very rarely that I am disappointed with a book.
Which books disappointed you and which pleasantly surprised you?
- Review: Boob Envy by Shelly (Knowlton) Jones (whyicantstopreading.wordpress.com)