Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This weeks Top Ten is : Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread
- Inheritance (#4 Inheritance Cycle)
- Destined (#9 House of Night series)
- Hidden (#10 House of Night Series)
- Last Sacrifice (#6 Vampire Academy)
- Devine by Blood (Parthalon #3)
You might notice with the above that they are all the last one in their respective series. This is basically because I just HAVE to have all the books. Even though sometimes I get tired of said series. I know I will get to them eventually it’s just tough with a TBR pile that reaches to the heavens!
- Second Thyme Around by Katie Fforde. If you have ever seen any of her books, you will understand. They have the cutest covers and I have a real weakness for cute covers.
- Nikki Heat series by Richard Castle. I watched the T.V. series and was so captivated by it that I just had to get it. Somehow I just have not gotten around to reading it yet.
- The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer. Yes I read Twilight and yes I loved it. I honestly do not know why I haven’t read this one yet. I have even read ALL the other little bits of chapters and the midnight sun draft by her.
- The Temperance Brennen series by Kathy Reichs. Another one that I learnt of via the T.V. series – which I absolutely adore! I did start the first one once. Was a bit of a snore but I will try again.
- The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. I still don’t know if I will read this one. It is just such a leap from Mr Potter and his gang that I am not sure if I could enjoy it. I did HAVE to buy it though.
I actually had some trouble coming up with a list this week. You see – My name is Angelique and I am a book addict. Which means I buy books. All the time. Which kind of means that I have a really big bookshelf full of books that I just HAD to buy (even though for a lot of them I don’t really have a very good reason for) and haven’t read yet. I actually have (physical) bookshelves at home that separate the ‘read’ from the ‘to read’.
I actually bought 3 books just yesterday just because they were on special. I don’t even know if I will read them. Ever. They were on special so I had to have them.
What books have been lying on your shelf that you just HAD to buy? Do we have any in common? And is there anyone else out there with my book buying binge condition?
As always Happy Blogging!